Our website is secured with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) which means the encryption between the server and your browser is secure. The website security padlock symbol in the address bar lets you know that information between your web browser and the server is encrypted so that other people (like hackers and the web server) cannot snoop on what information is being sent back and forth.
· Awareness: The Pregnancy Care & Family Support Centre provides this online policy to make sure you are aware of our security practices and to inform you of the way your information is collected and used. We also provide you with the opportunity to remove your name from our mailing list, if you desire to do so.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our website users (”you”), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any website which is operated by or on behalf of PC&FSC (our “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Ontario define “personal information” as recorded information about you as an individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. For our purposes, the information about you that we will be gathering through our website is your name and email address, and anything that you choose to disclose to us in your email.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about our Website users:
· on this Website; and
· in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website (for example, if you use the Website to request an appointment).
Information we collect: There are two different ways in which we collect information from visitors on our website:
· From persons interested in requesting information or materials from our organization we only collect your name and email address.
· From our online donations, we collect name, email address, city, province, postal code, and telephone number.
· No sharing of personal information: Pregnancy Care & Family Support Centre never sells, rents, leases, or exchanges your personal information with other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all who contact us through this Website will be kept confidential. Use of personal information will be limited to the internal purposes of the Pregnancy Care & Family Support Centre and only to further the activities and purposes of the Pregnancy Care & Family Support Centre.