The Pregnancy Care & Family Support Centre is a 100% donor-supported charity.
It has been our privilege to serve Haliburton County and beyond since 2006. We strive to be a community resource that provides information & support to struggling families and to those who are affected by an unexpected pregnancy and its realities.
All our services are free and strictly confidential.
Our Centre is one of 80 plus Pregnancy Care Centres across Canada. We are a Christian organization affiliated with Pregnancy Care Canada and our Centre is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. We strive to meet our clients’ needs by coming alongside them and offering parenting programs, pregnancy tests, options education for those facing an unexpected pregnancy, infant supplies, post-abortion support, newborn to size 3 clothing as well as sexual health and pregnancy education. All of the items we offer are free to our clients.
The Pregnancy Care & Family Support Centre is not a medical facility. Our services are meant to complement, not replace, professional medical care. We do not provide or assist in arranging abortions. We are committed to providing medically-accurate information and providing a safe place for clients to receive support.
MISSON & VISION
Mission: We desire to extend the love and grace of Jesus Christ to those with pregnancy-related challenges through information, practical help as well as emotional and spiritual support. We desire to honor and affirm the lives of parents and children.
Vision: To be a supporting presence and resource to people who are affected by an unexpected pregnancy and/or the realities of parenting.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
1. All clients are served without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, lifestyle, or other arbitrary circumstances.
2. All clients are treated with kindness, compassion, and respect.
3. All clients always receive honest and open answers.
4. All client pregnancy tests are administered in accordance with applicable laws.
5. All client information is held in strict confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
6. All clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle choices, and related enquiries.
7. We do not provide or assist in arranging abortions or abortifacients but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
8. All communication is honest and accurately describes the services we offer.
9. We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
10. We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
11. We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial, management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
12. All staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.